Overview and dates
The student elections for the academic year 2020/21 will continue as a petition-based, mail-only election. This means: You can cast your vote exclusively by absentee ballot. Here's how it works:
1. You apply for the postal vote with this form. You can send it to us digitally, by mail or via the deadline mailbox at Goethestraße 6. It doesn't matter how - the main thing is that we receive your application by 15.02.2021 at midnight.
2. We will send you the absentee ballot documents to the address you indicated on the form in step 1.
3. When you have completed the absentee ballot, you will send it back to us. You can mail them to us or put them in the deadline mailbox at Goethestraße 6. The only important thing is that we receive them by midnight on March 1st, 2021.
There are two things to keep in mind with all of this:
- For both the application for a postal vote and the voting documents, the time of receipt by us is decisive and not the postmark!
- All absentee ballots that have already reached us remain valid. If you have already voted, you do not need to apply again for an absentee ballot!
All details on the student elections can be found in the election announcement.
[all dates dd/mm/yyyy]
Votes will be cast for the Fachschaftsräte (faculty-specific student councils), the Foreign Students Unit (RAS), the student  student members of Faculty Councils, the Senate and the Extended Senate, as well as the members of the PhD Candidate's Council and the Gleichstellungsbeauftragten (equal opportunity commissioners) in some faculties.
You will be able to check the register of voters (Wähler_innenverzeichnis) from 03/11 to 17/11/2020 at the offices of the student's Head of Elections (studentischer Wahlleiter) and the university's Wahlamt. If you are registered in multiple study programmes, you should check in which department you are eligible to vote and request a change if you want to vote in the other department.
All the official information is to be found in the Wahlausschreibung (Election Announcement).
You will find additional information concerning the elections of the student members in the various university committees (Senate, Faculty Councils etc.) on this page.
If you want to be listet on the ballot, you need to hand in a Wahlvorschlag (electoral nomination - English version). These have to be on the form provided on this website. This needs to be done until 17/11/2020, 24:00.
How does voting work?
How does voting work?
You can cast a maximum of 3 Votes; you can vote for the offical candidates, or use the write-in option to add fellow students to the ballot (only in the FSR & RAS elections).
Example ballots will soon be available.