What do we do?
The Anti-Racism Unit counteracts racist, anti-Semitic, right-wing extremist and nationalist tendencies and actions in the university environment, especially against the background of general political and social tendencies. In addition to this task, the focus is on empowerment, support and the organization of solidarity for the affected groups of people.
Areas of responsibility:
- The observation and intervention in internal university developments against the background of general political and social tendencies, especially with regard to right-wing extremism, anti-Semitism, racism and nationalism.
- Supporting the interests of black students, students of color and foreign students in cooperation with the RAS (Department for Foreign Students).
- The promotion of political education (lectures, workshops, readings, etc.) with a focus on anti-racism.
- Networking and exchange with initiatives and organizations of similar thematic orientation.
- Contact and advice for (affected) students.