The social service at Student*innenRat is a counseling service for all students, especially regarding the issue of how to finance their studies. Social Services aim to help their clients to help themselves. Important tips are given, and contacts are established. Counseling is given regarding the following:
- How can one finance oneself during one’s studies? – Jobs, BAföG, housing benefits (Wohngeld), stipends, studying loans…
- Which forms of financial help are currently available to foreign students?
- Studying with (a) child(ren), - Financing, childcare / day care offers, leave of absence, networking opportunities for studying parents…
- Loans to help pay for tution fees – and more!
StuRa offers the possibility to apply for one-time financial aid to all students who find themselves in financial troubles. More information: financial aid in emergency situations
If, however, you should rather be experiencing issues with:
- Stress related to your studies
- psychological crises
- decisive life events
- problems related to management of daily routines
Foreign students with questions regarding your:
- residence permit or visa
- study admission
- student dormitory
- or concerning general questions about the city of Leipzig